Go to a command prompt
- Type ‘secedit /export /cfg c:\local.cfg’ and hit enter
- Using notepad, edit c:\local.cfg
- Look for the line “PasswordComplexity = 1” and change it to “PasswordComplexity = 0”
- You can also edit “MinimumPasswordLength = 7” to a lesser value if you like.
- Save the file
- At a command prompt type ‘secedit /configure /db %windir%\security\local.sdb /cfg c:\local.cfg /areas SECURITYPOLICY
- This will apply the new settings and refreshing the gpedit.msc should reflect the new settings
- Set your new less complex password!